Masada and Dead Sea

Yesterday we went on a 7-hour private tour to Masada and the Dead Sea. I've always wanted to go to the Dead Sea because when mom was young she went with dad and I saw a picture of dad floating in like one inch water and it looked really cool.

First we went to Masada which is fortress built by King Herod. After he left, the Romans were trying to take the Jews as slaves and the slaves escaped to the fortress. When they knew they couldn't escape, they killed each other because they would rather be dead than enslaved. The rabbi chose 10 people to kill everyone else. There were only a mother and a few children left who were taken by the Romans. 

At Masada, we saw where the king lived. 

We also saw the ramp that the Romans built. 

After Masada, we went to the Dead Sea. The Dead Sea is really salty so that's why you can float. 

There was also mud that you could pick up from the ground and put on your skin. Then you went back into the sea to wash it off and it made your skin softer. Supposedly it takes off dry skin and stuff. 

It was really cool that you could just lay on your back and start floating. You don't have to really do anything, you just start floating.

The Dead Sea can be dangerous. If you get the water in your eyes, it really stings and if you swallow too many gulps of water accidentally then it could give you a heart attack because you have too much salt.  The tour guide said that during his time of doing tours at the Dead Sea, he has witnessed 6 deaths and saved over 10 people. While we were there, there was an old guy that couldn't get off of his back. The tour guide and my dad helped him get up and walk back to the shore. The "sand" was really hot by the way, so you couldn't stand on it for long periods of time. 

Funny story. When we first got in, Zorion was trying to show me the mud and he dropped it and it splashed into my eyes like 30 seconds into my eyes. I started crying because it stung so much. It was just ridiculous how we were talking so much about being careful and not playing, and then just as I got in I got some in my eyes. LOL  I was fine after a few minutes.

I really enjoyed the tour. Bye!

Comments