Our Visit to Thailand



We went to Thailand. On the first day we got to our hotel, we set up our stuff. We only had a few bags and we gave all the other ones to Uncle Vaughan. We only had one day in Thailand before we went to Cambodia. Then we were in Cambodia for five days, and then we came back to Thailand for three days.



Something I really liked about Thailand is that there are no seatbelts in the car. So when you're driving then you can rest (unless you're the driver then you can't). When we were driving to Cambodia I got to lay down and switch seats if we wanted to.



Yesterday we visited Auntie Sunantha's family who makes coconut cakes. They were so good. I really liked them!



They scraped the coconut, made it into the coconut milk soup stuff, and then used a tray with little round dips. They poured the coconut stuff into it and cooked it over a fire, and when it was cooked they scraped it out and put it on a flat tray. It was really cool because when you touched it, it was gooey.



We also went on a boat ride. At the front of the boat, they were bottles of coke and water which were offerings to the spirit that looked after the boat. I didn't understand how it works but we saw a lot of these like at the bubble tea shop in Cambodia. 



We told each other childhood stories on the boat ride and we saw lots of big Buddhas. One had an eight headed creature around it. 



We also went to the shopping mall. We got some food and it was very hard to pick because I didn't want meat like pork or chicken.



After we ate, I got to try bubble tea icecream! The icecream tasted sort of bitter and the toppings were at the bottom. It was weird because they are called toppings so shouldn't they be on the top?



I really enjoyed my visit to Thailand. I enjoyed the food, I enjoyed the icecream bubble tea, I enjoyed the boat ride, I enjoyed meeting Uncle Vaughan and Auntie Sunantha and her family. I hope that one day you can go there too!

Comments