Zavian's Singapore Highlights

Here are a few of my highlights from Singapore.

Shopping at Bugis

Bugis is a shopping area that is split into many different sections. Bugis Junction, Bugis+ and Bugis Street to name a few. It is quite popular as the prices are relatively cheap compared to some other high end malls around the city.  

Throughout my time in Singapore, I developed the opinion that Bugis+ is my new favourite mall of all time. I enjoyed spending time there because there was many new brands that I'd never seen before in Australia that genuinely surprised me because of the prices which were very reasonable. One of my favourite shirts that I got in Singapore cost S$29 and the average shirt from Rebel is around A$50. That's nearly 30% off and the quality was amazing. 

I really enjoyed the food in Bugis Junction as well. We had been to many different food courts around town and only found Mango Sticky Rice once. On our last day we decided to look for it again.  On Google Maps we found there was a place with Mango Sticky Rice only one minute away. When we got to the restaurant in Bugis Junction, we found they also had Thai Milk Tea.  This showed me what a wide variety of food was available in Bugis Junction.

Gardens by the Bay

Gardens by the Bay is a man made plot of land extended over the ocean. It holds many different tourist attractions.  

However, our family only went to the Supertree Groves which were a set of modern, futuristic trees with an uncountable amount of LED lights and speakers. These were used in the light shows which were held every night. The display of lights matched perfectly to the music that was played. The Supertree Groves were one of the biggest highlights of my trip. I really admired the size and creativity that it would have taken to make this attraction. 

Spago at Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands is the largest hotel in Singapore. It had 55 storeys then two more leading to the bar at the top. It has over 2,500 hotel rooms in its three towers. At the top of the hotel there is a ship with an infinity pool and bar. Dad and I went to the Spago bar and got a Cracklin' Rosie mocktails which contained raspberry, cranberry, rose and lychee. 

The view from the bar was amazing, looking over the whole city and the ocean which was filled with ships. The reclaimed artificial land which Gardens by the Bay was built on was located right below the hotel. You could see all the Supertrees from above which was an interesting angle. 

Comments